Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 3, 2010 – My Daughter’s Daycare Each day I drop my daughter off at a place, 21 years ago, my Mom dropped my brothers and I off, Daycare. Yep, I send Sweet Pea to the same daycare I went to and the same place I worked, in between sports season, while in high school. Choosing a daycare for your child can be an extremely stressful event, after all you will be leaving YOUR BABY with this person 8-10 hours a day!! Luckily for me, as soon as Donna found out I was pregnant she called me to say “You better be bringing that baby to me” to which I responded “Okay”!! Which leads me into all the thankfulness.

First of all, I am thankful Donna contacted me before I began the search for a daycare! But mostly, I am thankful for all the things they do for my baby M-F, like provide a clean place for her to nap, making sure she is fed, changing her diapers, for all the little projects they help her make and send home to me, for rocking her to sleep when she is fighting a nap, for making her the most adorable little scarecrow outfit for Halloween.

You may say, ‘but that is what you pay her for’ to which I will respond ‘No, that is not what I pay her for’. Believe me, when I was a kid we went to many daycares before this one where they would send us outside for 9 hours a day (year round), make my brother nap on the bathroom floor (yes that really happened), and fed us Ramon noodles for lunch everyday; places where they did exactly what my parents were paying them for ‘watching’ us until someone picked us up, nothing more!

I am also thankful for the pictures they e-mail to me at work. At any time during the day I will see a message pop up in my inbox from Jess's phone. As soon as I see it, I squeal in delight and open the attachment to see what Sweet Pea is up to. She can be doing anything from eating, reading, playing outside, picking her nose, or napping. Whatever it is that she is doing, the picture puts a smile on my face and makes getting through the work day a little easier!

For all of this and way more, I am thankful for the daycare I send me daughter to and all the people who work there.


Happy Wednesday!



1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, sleeping on the bathroom floor ... i do believe i remember where that was ... my kids were there with you and your brothers.

    ReplyDelete

Good things happen to those who leave Comments!