Sunday, November 14, 2010

Catching up on the Thanks!

Just because I have skipped four days of thankfulness, does NOT mean that I have run out of things to be thankful for, it just means... I am busy. SO, in an effort to redeem myself, to myself, and not to fail at my self prescribed challenge, today I am going to list four items of thanks in one post. So sit back and enjoy.

November 11, 2010 - Today I am thankful for all the Veterans and for those currently serving our Country in the homeland and overseas. You risk your life, miss birthdays, holidays, and home cooking for millions of people you don't even know. For that and so much more, I say "THANK YOU!"

November 12, 2010 - I am thankful for my camera. This tool I hold in my hand captures moments in time that would otherwise be forgotten. All the messy dinners, pig roasts, boat parades, flower gardens, silly faces, derby days, Christmas mornings, gosh so many things. Events that we would probably remember, but the faces, objects, and details in the pictures are forever.

November 13, 2010 - My Alarm Clock. Some of you may be thinking, you have lost your mind! And you may be right. But for me, getting up in the morning is the HARDEST thing I do all day. I am pretty sure my body naturally wakes up at 8a and anything before that is almost unbearable. So for this reason, I am thankful for my alarm clock, that I set 30 minutes fast to subliminally make my brain think it is later than it really is. I thank it for going off the same time everyday assuring that I get my beeeehind out of bed so I can get to work on time. Owww, I forgot about the snooze, I am thankful for that too... but that probably deserves a day of its own

November 14, 2010 - My Grandparents! I am very thankful to be able to say I knew both sets of my grandparents. My mother's parents passed away years ago and I miss them both very much. I miss my Memere's hands rubbing my temples as I would fall asleep in her lap, I miss the smell of their kitchen in the morning, I miss my grandfather's love of baseball, his laugh, and trying to figure out what exactly the tattoo on his arm was! I miss a lot about them and that makes me sad, but I am thankful that I have things to miss because that means I knew them.

My father's parents are both still alive. I love them very much and try to visit them whenever I can. I love how my Memere kisses me on both cheeks when I see her and when I leave (we are so fab like that), I love how my Pepere is always genuinely interested in how I am doing, how my husband is doing, and always asks about baby E. They are both so full of life and their social calendar makes mine fold itself up and cower under my refrigerator.

I am lucky to have so many memories of my grandparents, on both sides, as there are so many people out there who don't. Now that I have a daughter, I hope that she is as lucky as I am and will be able to create many memories with her own grandparents.

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to know you. I LOVE just how full of life you are. Carolina

    ReplyDelete

Good things happen to those who leave Comments!