A few weeks ago I was in a craft store and found these drab, although functional, pocket calendars. Being only $.99 I couldn’t help myself but to pick one up and think ‘I can fab this up’. And that is exactly what I did. It all began with said ugly pocket calendar...
Then I went to my scrapbook ‘vault’ (which is honestly just an unorganized shelving unit) and picked out some cool paper, some paper doilies (which is from another project I will post about in a few days), stickers, a few brads, double sided tape, ribbon, and some little flowers which you may recognize from a previous post. And so the creative juices started to seep from my pores…
I removed the calendar from the clear plastic case, measured the size of the calendar and used those measurements to cut my background paper, and then reduced the size down a 1/2 inch on each side and used that measurement to cut my frilly paper, which I then centered and layered on the solid brown paper. Then I cut a piece of ribbon for the front and taped it to the back, which the mildly horrendous picture below shows.
After I secured the ribbon, I folded the card sock in half and taped on my doily with the letter "A" on it, and using a brad I adhered a little flower to the front. Then I slipped my new cover inside the plastic cover and slid the calendar underneath it, flipped it over, and this is what I saw.
A pocket calendar that went from "BLAT" to "Look at THAT!"
A fun little project any one can do.