Monday, August 22, 2011

New Obsession!

People. I have a new obsession. I know, I know... I have many, but this one is definitely worth sharing. It is edible, vanishes in two and half bites, can be made in under 10 minutes, and is something the whole family can enjoy.

Here is what you need:
  • 1 Loaf of French Bread, sliced
  • 1 Ripe Tomato
  • 1 Mozzarella Cheese Ball
  • Buitoni Pesto Spread
  • Oh and an oven, you need an oven.


Set your oven on broil and while that baby is warming up, commence on spreading the love... ah hem... the pesto.

(Doesn't the lighting in this picture makes the pesto look scary... perhaps even a little evil...
but it's not, I promise)

After you have all your bread covered in spread, stick those babies on a cookie sheet and broil them for about 2-3 minutes, or until the edges start to look a little brown, not brown, a little brown. And because, like me, you are a master at multitasking, while those are toasting in the oven, you can cut up your cheese ball and tomato.


Once your bread is a 'little brown' pull the cookie sheet out of the oven and place a slice of cheese on each piece of bread and then pop them back in the oven until they look:



Now top each one with a slice of tomato, add a sprinkle of salt and enjoy!!

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm... these look wonderful! I will try them this weekend, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Delish! Way better than any sausage dish Amy! Hehehehe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, please forgive me for not being on the internet enough. Things have been crazy around here. I am not sure were to comment - on those gorgeous balloon photos, the fabulous wedding photos that you should make into cards if the bride and groom will allow it, or this delicious recipe. We make similar versions when the cheese lasts. I am about to go out to dinner and all I want to eat is this. If the place I am going to doesn't serve this I will be sorely disappointed. I am glad to see you are keeping up with the blogging, I know it is tough with a family and your job. I hope you are doing well. Carolina

    ReplyDelete

Good things happen to those who leave Comments!