"Attention Flatlanders: The first rule in camp road etiquette is "wave back when waved to" - it doesn't mean I want to invite you over for dinner, it is a simple friendly gesture. If you don’t take note of this rule, for the rest of the summer I will address you with a different, more direct, hand gesture."
23 people 'liked' it. I think that is an all time record for people 'liking' one of my updates, or at least publicly admitting it. So I thought, what the heck, let's take it to the blog and list a few other bullet points.
1) Okay, we can all agree that first and foremost, wave when waved to.
2) Just because I drive a beat up rusty, trusty Subaru and you have a shiny something or rather, that doesn't give you the right to take up the entire road. Yeah I know, it's a bit more narrow than your I-93, but there is enough room for both of us to make it, trust me, there is. Now move ovah!
3) Don't park in my driveway. I don't care that you are only taking up 27% of my opening to the road, it's still my driveway. Perhaps you should have done a little research on the parking situation before dropping $250K on your 'camp'.
4) Oh, and tell all your friends they can't park on my driveway or the side of my land either, that's so annoying! How would you like it if someone double parked at the end of your driveway??
5) Ohhhh this one really gets to me. Firecrackers. Really?!! Last night, which was a Sunday I might add, 11:32 PM I am woken up by firecrackers popping next door. Are you kidding me!! Not only is that totally unacceptable, but inconsiderate to those of us who are not on vacation and have to work in the morning.
6) Don't put your trash in my dumpster! Unless you want to tape a $20 and a thank you note to the side of our CMD trash bin, don't bother! You can buy trash bags at the local store like everyone else and leave your trash at the end of the road on Tuesday night.
7) Fires. What is about being at camp that makes people want to start a fire? It's is 98 degrees outside! Think about your neighbor that just hung two loads of laundry out on the line to dry, she doesn't want to sleep in a bed that smells like burnt hot dogs.
Obviously, I can go on and on ... Please tell me I am the only one out there who has these issues June-September?? If you have an additions to the Camp Road Etiquette "Book" I have going on here, please leave a comment!!