Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Search for the Best PML

Peppermint Mocha - the delectable combination of refreshing peppermint with smooth chocolate mixed with a shot or two of espresso and you have one flavor combination that could persuade me to do about anything. Usually, the only place (by place I mean a chain coffee shop in with a drive thru) that offers a Peppermint Mocha Latte (PML) is Starbucks. But this year, it seems like everyone and their brother is offering a PML. So what is a die hard PML lover to do? Try them all!

For the last four weeks I have been on a personal voyage to find out who makes the best PML. I have sampled PML's from the following institutes:  Tim Horton's, McDonald's, D&D, and Starbucks. I have singed taste buds, consumed extra and unnecessary calories, and with all the extra caffeine I have produced some of my most productive afternoon working hours, all in the name of PML.

So Amy, what did you find out. Well, I found out that two were a waste of coffee beans, calories, and a paper cup. Dunkin and Timmy let me down... hard! I couldn't even finish one of them ay' it was that bad. Mickey D on the other hand surprised me, in a good way. The latte was scrumptious, the flavor and texture were good and the price, well you can't beat it.

But I have to say the best of the best, the foam on the top of my latte goes to Starbucks. I don't know what they put in it, but you can't beat this PML with a candy cane!! I love this drink so much, I am going to give one lucky reader a $5 Starbucks Gift Card so you can buy one for yourself and let me know if it is not the best PML you have ever tasted. To enter all you have to do is leave a comment telling me what your beverage of choice is this time of year. The lucky winner will be randomly drawn on December 20th. Good Luck!


4 comments:

  1. HA HA!! Loved reading this...it makes me feel like less of a freak for feeling just as much for a SCHC. My beverage of choice year round now...Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Coco (or w/a shot of espresso..if I am not just coming off a night shift.) I day dream about it...I would do almost anything for that drink...esp. with extra caramel & salty stuff on top!!!! After I fly through & get one...I immediately pull into a spot...open the top & eat all the whip/caramel/salt off the top...a euphoric & bliss-filled 20 seconds...yeah...I'm a freak!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my beverage of choice this time of year is def the DD hot chocolate with just a hint of milk! Love ur posts amy! I look forward to reading them every time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reallllly do love me a grande, fatfree, skinny, peppermint mocha latte from Starbucks!!!!! yummmm yummmm yummmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to say a hot apple cider complimented by a plain homemade sugared donut. yummy! Angela

    ReplyDelete

Good things happen to those who leave Comments!