Friday, June 17, 2011

That's What Friends Are For

Friend’s; they are great to talk to, laugh with, and have fun with. The song says “In good times, in bad times I'll be on your side forever more Oh, that's what friends are for.” Now that’s all warm and fuzzy, but let’s talk about what Friends are really for!

They are for telling you not to wear that strapless dress because your back fat is hanging off the sides. They are good for telling you when your shirt tag is up, that your kid is being a brat, and suggesting next time you don’t go so ‘blonde’ with the hair color. Although I saw a picture of myself last summer, when I was in my blonde…let’s call it ‘phase’, and I have to wonder where the h-e-double hockey sticks my friends were alllll summer. Seriously girls, NOT FUNNY!

They are there to tell you what no one else will. I was at a work lunch not too long ago and one of my co-workers had a piece of his spinach salad adhered to his left incisor. Now let me say that I was by FAR the youngest, most underpaid, and probably under appreciated person sitting at that table, but I was the ONLY one with enough decency to let him know that Popeye called and wanted his spinach back. We have all done it; enjoyed a nice dinner with friends, excused yourself to the rest room only to find a piece of pepper between your two front teeth, or worse a booger hanging off the side of your nostril. Then you have to do the walk of shame back to your table and act like nothing happened all while wondering, why the heck didn’t anyone tell me?!! Don’t let your friend be that person, because next time you could be that person.

If there were more ‘friends’ in the world there would be less:

1) Adults with mohawks

2) E-mails titled “The People of Wal*Mart”

3) People driving PT Cruisers

4) Karaoke Bars
So there, the next time you see your BFF walk out of the house, tell her she has two different flip flops on, tell her that she has a bad case of static cling, and let her know her five year old sent you a friend request on facebook! Tell your friends what YOU would want to know. Because that my friend; is what friends are for.

1 comment:

  1. I have been out of range for a few days and I missed this post. I am glad to have internet again. I really liked the four points at the end. I wish I had had a friend with me yesterday - she would have told me that the edge of the side walk was rolled and could be an opportunity for disaster. She also could have added to the expletives and made it seem somehow humorous - which it totally wasn't.
    Happy to see your post. Carolina

    ReplyDelete

Good things happen to those who leave Comments!